Social Media 101 (Beginner)
This at-your-location workshop is a two-hour hands-on introduction, instruction, and how-to guide for front-line employees and marketing professionals.
This workshop will cover the basics of social networking and social media and explain how it relates to your business. We’ll review the unique strengths and weaknesses of each social media channel, compare and contrast audience size and demographics and review when/why/how each channel is used. Additionally, we’ll review simple tips and little-known tricks to optimize your social media channels for the greatest marketing advantage. This program shows you EVERYTHING you need to stay on the leading edge of social media marketing and use innovative tools to get real business results.
- What exactly is social networking?
- Objectives of establishing a social media presence
- Social media best practices and basic rules of engagement
- An introduction to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+
- Differentiating between individual and business profiles and accounts
- A how-to guide for select names and URLs
- A how-to guide for writing a strong profile and page
- A how-to guide for choosing an avatar or profile picture
- A review of standard terms and nomenclature for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+
- A review of popular social media tools to help build your online community
- Instructions for sharing content, updates, and news
- A review of newbie mistakes and blunders to avoid
- Tips for evaluating if your social media activity is working
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes